Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fergie in Marie Claire April 2008

Photobucket

Fergie talks to Marie Claire about her own battles with drug addiction inspired her to help people with HIV. Here are some quotes from Fergie’s interview on her battle to gain awareness:

On her gritty history: “I was a child actor. I was this spaz kid diagnosed with ADHD, and I worked all the time. I got on a TV series, Kids Incorporated; I was like a little adult. And years later, because I would try to people-please, I would hold all these feelings in. Then all of a sudden, I just didn’t feel creative. And crystal meth came into my life.”

On her crystal-meth based behavior: “I started getting paranoid. I thought, The FBI is after me. I had about 20 different conspiracy theories. I painted the windows in my apartment black so ‘they’ couldn’t see in.”

On her downward spiral: “One day, when I was about 90 pounds, a guy comes up to me. I’m searching in the bushes for clues about whatever the FBI is after me for. I’m in some random getup - I think it was a cowboy hat and red lips - beacuse I never knew if someone was taking my picture. He hands me a muffin. I’m thinking, He’s in on it. Is there a message inside? So I tear it up. Looking back, I realize he assumed I was homeless.”

Think you don’t need to worry about AIDS? Reality check: women make up more than 25 percept of new cases in the U.S.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment