Friday, March 07, 2008

Ashlee Simpson was NOT drunk during a radio interview

Their has been a lot of rumors going are about Ashlee being drunk during a radio interview for Hot 99.5's Kane in the Morning show,as she explains in her blog they are NOT true.

Here is some of what she says in her blog

The night before I had a good friend come to my hotel to give me a tattoo. When I arrived to the radio station I showed them the tattoo I got the night before. It is my belief that they automatically assumed that because I got a tattoo I must have drank that night. I would never get a tattoo after drinking nor would a reputable tattoo artist do a tattoo after someone was drinking. When I walked into the radio station I was thrown into the interview. They didn't even introduce themselves to me before starting it, and just put me on the air. I felt bad energy and like I was about to be attacked as soon as I sat down. I felt uncomfortable. I'm sure you all have heard the interview so there is no need for me to sit here & tell you everything that was said and asked. As you may have noticed, I was asked mostly personal questions which are never fun to be asked and therefore I giggled my way through it. If you listen to other interviews I've done, you'd know I giggle a lot. Not only because I am a happy person & everyone who knows me knows I laugh all day long, but also I giggle when people ask me uncomfrotable questions not knowing what to say or what else to do. Questions & false rumors about my dad being a jerk, being pregnant, being engaged, etc are not fun to answer every single day. Eventually I try to just laugh them off and hope they start asking me important questions about my album and music which is why I am there. Five minutes after the interview was over I heard the dj that interviewed me say on the air that I was drunk. That really upset me especially after how uncomfortable they made me feel. Twenty minutes after that I went to XM Radio for an interview. They treated me with respect and were thankful for me showing up so early in the morning. I told the DJ there what had just happened and he said he wasn't surprised at all. The XM DJ said he used to work at that radio station and that he does things like that to people all the time trying to make a "story" out of it.

Ashlee's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment