Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Avril Lavigne new clothing line Abbey Dawn, for Kohls

Avril Lavigne is teaming up with retailer Kohl's and launching her own rocker-chick clothing line in July.

Abbey Dawn (Lavigne's childhood nickname), the back-to-school juniors' collection will draw on the eclectic contents of Lavigne's own closet: "a lot of hot pinks and blacks and stars and purple and zebra," she says. "Basically, everything I wear."

"I have a very particular style," says Lavigne, 23 — one that's often replicated by her fans and one that's not readily available at the local mall. "I want it to be available to a lot of girls, and I want it to be affordable." Apparel prices will range from $24 to $48. "I walked through (a Los Angeles) Kohl's the other day and said, 'Oh, when my line is here it's totally going to stand out.' "

Mixing skulls and plaids with checks and stripes, it's "a rock collection with a feminine edge," says Don Brennan of Kohl's. "I think it will broaden who we bring into our junior department," which is dominated by the Candie's brand (last month, Hayden Panettiere was named the new spokeswoman).

Unlike other celebrity-endorsed collections, Lavigne stresses she's not just entering into a licensing deal. "I actually am the designer. What's really important to me is that everything fits well and is well-made, so I try everything on and approve it all. to see more of the article click here

No comments:

Post a Comment