Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Part 2 of the Avril Lavigne Just Jared interview

JJ: What’s the musical direction of your next album? How are you evolving musically?

AL: I would like to sit and and write some acoustic stuff. That’s what I want to do but that doesn’t mean that’s what my record is gonna be. It means creatively, that’s what I want so I need to do that for myself and then I’ll just see. I don’t know, I cant really tell. I’m just touring for six more months and so your body goes through cycles and change so I have no idea.

JJ: Your clothing line, Abbey Dawn, was a nickname from your dad? How did he get that nickname?

AL: He worked in Kingston, and it was like a street name or something. It was this area called Abbey Dawn and I don’t know. He just called me Abbey and Abbey Dawn. All my friends in high school called me Abbey, and when I first started out, my alias name was always Abbey Dawn in my hotel rooms, so it was something that stuck with me my entire life. I always used to think if I had a girl I’d called her Abbey but now I have a clothing lined that I call Abbey…

JJ: What’s your favorite thing you like to do with [Sum 41 husband Deryck Whibley]?

AL: Just chill and be at home [in LA].

JJ: On the road, what’s your favorite junk food?

AL: Yea, when I go through Canada, I get ketchup chips and dill pickle chips because it’s Canadian. And then, I like to be really healthy though because being a singer, you can’t really get sick or you won’t be able to sing. Like, I’m sick right now unfortunately.

JJ: Do you have a personal chef? What do you do for food all the time?

AL: No, my bus is really decked out. We have a huge fridge and stove and all that. Basically I just get up and eat a salad. I have a kitchen so I’ll just make what I want. We have catering too, so we’ll just send someone to get me a salad or vegetables. I have a steamer on my bus too, so I’ll steam veggies. I totally go through my thing where I’m like super healthy, but then I go through my phases where I’m like “Okay, I’m gonna pig out.”

JJ: How far are you from having kids?

AL: Oh, like 10 years…I don’t see that for a very long time. I have lots that I want to do.


JJ: I don’t believe that! What’s your favorite movie?

AL: Well, I have a whole bunch. I like Home Alone, that was like my favorite movie for a long time. I like Girl, Interrupted a lot.

JJ: And what are your favorite websites that you frequent?

AL: Just Jared! (laughs) I don’t go on the Internet very much. I do check out Myspace, and other people’s MySpaces. But every time I’m on the Internet, I’m looking
for information or recipes. I like downloading songs.

Photobucket

source

No comments:

Post a Comment