Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Rihanna talks to RWD Magazine

Rihanna’s astronomical ascent into the pop stratosphere was solidified this year with the re-release of her platinum selling album 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. On a whistlestop visit to the UK, Emmanuel Ezugwu got a chance to quiz the Bajan siren.

How will you be spending your New Years?
I'm not sure yet. It's too hard to decide.

What's your ideal Christmas present?
I am more concerned with what i am getting everybody else. I'm so bad because I can't ever come up with the perfect gift to get anybody. It's way too hard but that's my main concern. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet so i know it's going to be chaos.

At the moment you've got three songs in the chart. Why do we love you so much in Britain?
Well thank you for all your love and don't ever stop that (laughs). I need you guys. I love you guys in the UK. You show me so much love and support and I will always come back here.

There was talk of you being on X Factor are you a fan?
Yes im a huge fan. I would love to perform on it as it's the biggest show here. i didn't see the final because i had a show in New York.

Good Girl Gone Bad was an amazing album. When can we expect a follow up?
Next year, definitely. I'm back in the studio at the beginning of the year and i can't wait.
Read more...

What UK acts are you a fan off?
I really like Duffy and Leona Lewis is so beautiful and her voice is absolutely amazing and those are my two favourites right now. I would love to do a duet with them. Lily Allen too, she's a bad ass.

Your seen as a style icon. Who's your favourite designers?
Well i love Burberry. I like underground designers that are coming up as well. I like anyone that has a funky style.

Can you talk about the Gucci Tattoo Heart campaign that you're involved in?
Well me and Gucci just collaborated on a campaign which is to help children in Africa who have Aids and HIV and it's run through Unicef. We made a collection and 25% of the proceeds go to Unicef for those kids in Africa.

How many tattoos do you have now?
11 I think or 12. I don't really plan for them I just get tattoo fever and then i just go in. I don't really think about it.

What's been your highlight for 2008?
My Grammy that i won for Umbrella with Jay Z. That was one of the best night's of my life.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment